If you haven’t already heard: TikTok is going to stay for longer. Also, whether you are a business, a content creator, or an individual user, it is essential to understand the difference between a TikTok business account and a creator account. Do you know what kind of TikTok account is best for your brand?
Each of these two TikTok accounts has different benefits and features. Which one is suitable for you? This article explains each account type’s pros and cons and how to opt for which type of TikTok account you should use.
Let’s start with,
TikTok Business Account
A TikTok Business account is a professional, public account with the facility to access the entire marketing suite of TikTok Business Manager.
Pros of a TikTok Business Account
One of the most attractive benefits of a TikTok business account is that you can access the whole TikTok’s business suite. It includes access to:
- TikTok analytics on your profile, videos, content, as well as live videos
- Use TikTok Ads and Video promotions to get more people to find your video, navigate your site, and in this way gain more followers.
- Commercial music library with more than 1 million licensed sounds and songs for commercial use.
- Brands can also create their TikTok sounds and make trends using the resources available in business account’s tools.
- A business creative hub with tips and trending videos on best practices for creating strategies and content.
Access to all these resources and features is an excellent way to monitor your brand’s performance. Via the TikTok business suite, you can ensure your brand reaches the right audience.
eCommerce brands can create their TikTok store using a TikTok business account. Social shopping is the next step to e-commerce. TikTok stores allow you to showcase all your products within the app, making it super easy for users to buy them.
Cons of a TikTok Business Account
TikTok Business accounts have many advantages, but they also have some weaknesses that you must consider while choosing the type of TikTok account.
Because there are so many legal considerations for brands, TikTok offers business accounts access to commercial, royalty-free sound clips instead of the entire audio library.
This sound byte limit also limits the TikTok videos with which brands can stitch together or duet. Videos with non-commercial audio may not be merged or duplicated by the brand.
What is a TikTok creator account?
You can also consider the TikTok creator account as a personal account.
At first, TikTok used to have two types of professional accounts: Creator account and a Business account for ecommerce businesses. These accounts were separate from personal accounts, but in August 2021, TikTok revised its policy and converted all creator accounts to individual accounts.
Influencers can still continue collaborating with brands, getting verified, and having a massive following on their accounts.
Pros of a TikTok creator account
Get access to popular songs, trending sound bites, and all other audio clips in the TikTok app. Creators or influencers can use the available sound clips and create their sound clips.
Plus, creator accounts can duet or merge any video.
Both types of TikTok accounts have access to the following features:
- Performance insights
A creator or personal account must post at least one public video to access analytics. On TikTok, individual creators can also improve their reach and engagement via analytics like business account owners.
Creator accounts also have access to promotion options. They can sponsor their videos for more reach.
Creator accounts can access the TikTok Creator Fund to monetize their accounts and get incentives to create better content.
Similarly, Creator accounts have access to the TikTok Creator Next program. This allows TikTok users to receive monetary tips from their top followers.
Cons of a TikTok creator account
Creator accounts can’t add the website to their profile. A TikTok business account can instantly add a website link to its bio. In contrast, a creator account must reach 1,000 followers before adding a link.
Unlike business accounts, you cannot connect creator accounts to social media management tools such as Sprout Social. Brands should continue to use business accounts even if they do not have access to all Sound bytes. This is especially true as brands can face lawsuits if they are real businesses and use unlicensed music.
Are you deciding between a TikTok Business vs. a creator account?
Before opening a new social media account on TikTok, you should keep the following things in mind, such as:
- Can TikTok help me reach my social media goals?
- Is my targeted audience present on TikTok?
TikTok wants to keep things very simple regarding the type of TikTok account you need to create.
- Businesses choose business accounts.
- Creators opt for the creator or personal accounts.
Consider all the goodness and risks of each account type to see which one is really worth it. For example, it’s a fact that we don’t have access to a complete library of sounds as a company while using a business account. But is it worth filing a lawsuit just because you want to use a Trend tone?
After weighing all the benefits and limitations, choose an account that suits your needs. You can switch back and forth on TikTok, but we recommend sticking to your chosen account type while using the platform.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to switch from a business to a creator account TikTok?
If you want to know how to unlink tiktok for business? Or to move from your business account to a creator or personal account, you can do it in five easy steps.
- First of all, click your Profile icon in the bottom right to land your profile.
- On the top right of your profile, there is a three line icon. Tap it to go to the settings.
- Select the “Settings and Privacy” option in the settings.
- Tap on “Manage account.”
- There will be an option to “Switch to a Personal Account.” Click it and enjoy.
Following these five steps, you can unlink your business account on TikTok and switch to a personal account.
What are the TikTok creator account requirements to apply for the fund?
Specifically, creator accounts selected for the fund must meet the following selection criteria. Here are the Tiktok creator account requirements for the fund:
- Your TikTok account must have almost 10,000 followers.
- Within a month, there should be at least 100,000 views on your videos.
- Your account is in good health and adheres Community Guidelines and Policies of the platform.
- You must publish original content to your account.
- You must be eighteen or older to apply for the TikTok creator fund.
So, now you are well aware of how to join the creator fund on TikTok.
How to get a TikTok creator account?
Go to the “settings,” as we have told you earlier how to go to the settings in previous questions. Then perform the following actions to make your TikTok creator account.
- Tap on the “Creator Tools.”
- Go to the bottom. Tap Apply next to “Creator Next.”
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to get a TikTok creator account.